Saturday, January 10, 2009

Big, Fun, Scary...


What are Big, Fun, Scary Adventures? It's basically the same thing as New Year's Resolutions, but it sounds more exciting. It got started on the NaNoWriMo forums, where hundreds of people post their big, fun, and scary goals for the year, support each other, and share helpful resources. I participated last year, and the adventures I accomplished were starting this blog, getting my driver's permit, and finishing biology. 

So what are my adventures for this year? I was only going to have 3 things, but others came along and the list just had to get longer. Anyway, here they are:

1. READ THE ENCYCLOPEDIA
I plan to read the entire World Book encyclopedia over 4 years. That's 22 volumes, so I should read half a volume every month! I'm at "Adjective" right now. (More on this later)

2. BUILD A TREEHOUSE
I've always wanted a treehouse, and this year I'm going to build one, even if it has to be a simple platform. I've never built anything before, so I'll probably make some mistakes... but that's what makes it Big, Fun, and Scary!

3. EDIT MY NOVEL
I plan to get going on this one after I finish reading the book Self-Editing for Fiction Writers, one of my Christmas presents. 

4. MEMORIZE FIGHTER VERSES

5. FINISH GEOMETRY
This one is awfully scary for me... *shudder* But I AM going to do it. I just need to get it over with!

6. GET MY DRIVER'S LICENSE
Even scarier! I just don't like driving, but I need to do it.

7. START A CARD-MAKING or ALTERED BOOK BUSINESS
This is a pretty recent development. I'll probably post more on this one, too.


That's it! 2009, here I come!

No comments: