Saturday, January 23, 2010

March for LIFE!

Yesterday, my sister and I rode a bus from our church to the State Capitol building to join the rally against abortion. We met our mom down there (she came from work), and marched around while "Amazing Grace" played on the speakers. About 6,000 people came to show that they valued human life... including unborn lives.












The Governor spoke, as well as several other important pro-life activists in our state legislator. It was awesome to hear that several small steps of progress are being made on behalf of the voiceless. But we need to keep praying that abortion will be made illegal.

Some verses (ESV):

"You shall not murder." ~Exodus 20:13

"For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance:
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there were none of them." ~Psalm 139:13-16

1 comment:

hazel marie said...

Today was Life Sunday at my church{Lutherans for Life} :D My state is all most 50/50 on abortion. Its almost impossible to pass a bill one way or another... It frustrating O_O