First off, MY LAPTOP IS FIXED! *rejoicing in the streets* I had to pay dearly to get my precious data recovered, but now my trusty MacBook Pro is whizzing along fine with a new 500 GB hard drive. I have finally given it a name: Phoenix, because it rose from the ashes of computer purgatory.
And, I got my first award! This is The Artistic Writer's Award," from Bethany. It's beautiful, Bethany. Thank you!
And finally, I was tagged by Isirian. This is the "30 Things You Probably Don't Know About Me" tag. This excludes all family members who read my blog, by the way.
1. I'm an INFP (and proud of it!) Did you know that J.R.R. Tolkien was an INFP? And Peter Jackson, Helen Keller, Princess Diana, Anne of Green Gables, and Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes?
2. I hate driving. A lot. Why can't I ride a horse everywhere?
3. But, since driving is pretty much a requirement these days, the vehicle you'd most likely find me in is a Jeep Wrangler, preferably yellow.
4. I'm a reluctant night person.
5. For my birthday I'm going to ask for old books, a recurve bow, and leather.
6. I recently discovered that archery is not easy to do when you're wearing a cloak. How did Robin Hood manage? Or Faramir, for that matter?
7. I once met a yak.
8. The book I've read the most times is probably Peter Pan, by J. M. Barrie.
9. Besides piano and flute, I also play the ocarina.
10. At this moment, my cat is either happily sitting on my lap, or meowing at my bedroom door, or cranky because I'm not home.
11. I think it would be awesome to have a pet hedgehog, but my mom doesn't agree. Besides, my cat would probably get jealous.
12. I'm not strictly a cat person, by the way. I also love dogs, horses, flying squirrels, birds, and pretty much everything except spiders.
13. I have a crooked toe.
14. I like to whittle sticks into Beanie Baby swords.
15. I was unable to whistle until I was 14 years old. I discovered how while walking the streets of Washington, D.C. in the rain.
16. I can touch my right ear with my right hand, but with my arm all the way around my head.
17. I love languages- and all forms of communication except the telephone.
18. I tried the Harry Potter series, but quit after book five. Pointless to keep going, really.
19. I'm a shelver at the library. A lot of people know that already, but what they don't know is what REALLY goes on there. For example, did you know that the library is only a cover for a top secret government operation, and that most librarians are actually undercover FBI agents? My mission is to infiltrate the underground network and make sure that a certain book makes it to the 8oo's. Now you know why I keep my identity a secret!
20. I like to name trees.
21. My brother and I like to play "The Random Game." Rules: You take turns blurting out random words that are NOT related to each other. It's harder and funner than it sounds.
21. I am deathly afraid of bees.
22. I can read and write Anglo-Saxon Runes, also known as "futhark."
23. I wish I could fly.
24. I used to always use a pencil, but I was finally lured over to the dark side. I now use black gel pens for almost everything, even drawing!
25. I sometimes worry that I have too many interests.
26. I've written over 430,000 words of fiction.
27. I'm a Mac person. My mom calls me a Mac "snob." How can I help it if Mac is the best?
28. I have too many story ideas to know what to do with. I can't possibly write them all!
29. I like my middle name. I modified it to use as my main character's name.
30. I am enrolled in the Imagination Institute of Creative Arts and Self-Directed Studies. In other words, no, I'm not really going to college, but I'm learning all the same. :)
And, a special BONUS, because this is my 31st post:
31. I'm planning a new trilogy, and this time, it's going to be Christian Fantasy!
I now tag Hepzibah, my little sis!