Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Our Award-Winning Movie!

My computer is still not working, but now that the film contest is officially over, I can let you see the movie that my family made. There were 68 entries in the "Quiet on the Set!" film competition, and they were all shown over the weekend at the Central library in Minneapolis. Then the top 12 films were shown at the awards gala last night, and surprisingly, our film was one of them! We received an Audience Choice Award as well as Honorable Mention for "Best Special Effects!" We never expected something like this!


My cousin won "Best Film," but she went to school for this, so that's no surprise. :) The whole event was exciting, almost like being at the Oscars. Anyway, enjoy our film, and let me know what you think!


7 comments:

Jacob R Parker said...

Awesome! Those were some great special effects. Video production is a topic I'd like to learn more about.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed watching it! It indeed has cool effects, and I really like the music!

Jare said...

That was really cool!

I love the librarian’s reactions to seeing all the things that she had imaged.

Great jog on that.
I'm going to show my brothers now.

-L

Abigail Hastings said...

That was so fun to make, and your music made it all the better. Great job Rachel!

Kendra Logan said...

Congratulations!

~Kendra

Elizabeth J. said...

That's great-congratulations!

Emma Cox said...

Neat, nice effects!