Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Those of you who have been following my blog for ages might remember how much I love altered books. I posted some pictures of my first altered book here and here. Now I'm working on my third project! The theme is simply "Blue."  I connect things with different colors (and I think I have a form of synesthesia), so I thought I'd make a book of those things. Here's the page I did today. You've got circles, ferns, a butterfly, and lots of glazes.  It was so much fun to make! When you take art too seriously, it takes all the joy out of it. Art is supposed to be fun. Do you agree?

5 comments:

Galadriel said...

While I tend to be suspicious of modern art--abstract, etc--there are some types of art that are just meant to be fun. I have never done an altered art book, but it looks cool.

ElizabethMarieKauffman said...

Completely agree! :)
That looks really cool!! What exactly is an altered book??

~ElizabethMarieKauffman~

Hannah Nicole said...

I love it! That is so cool! I want to go do one now...;-)

Ivorydancer said...

That is so cool! I'll have to do that. really cool for display :)


I also wanted to let you know that my blog URL has changed to: http://anotheronceintimeh.blogspot.com/

you will have to re-follow it in order for the updates to come to your dashboard.

Thank you and God bless!

~Ivory

Jonathan Maiocco said...

Wow, that is so awesome!!! I've never heard OR thought of that before... very cool. Keep up the good work!